Sunday, September 20, 2009

While daddy's away, the rest of us will play!

Matt left us for the weekend to go to Utah and watch his cousin play football for BYU. So, since he had planned a fun weekend getaway I planned a fun weekend at home.  We had our good friends from Phoenix (who we miss so much) come and stay the night with us Friday night. It was double the kids, double the mess, and double the fun!  
Charlie had his first cornbread (made with egg substitute and rice milk) and he loved every bite! He also had his first homemade pancake (made with the same ingredients as above) and he was in heaven.  I am so glad I found alternative ways to make the things I always make so that he can eat them! Anyway, the handsome little guy next to him is Tyler.  Tyler is about two months older than Charlie.  Tyler made sure to show Charlie all the fun things there were to climb on and all the fun cabinets to get into!  
Here we have the big boys, Jackson and Hunter.  Jack was so excited to have his best friend come and stay the night (Hunter was told at least 3 times that he was Jackson's best friend).  
Ah, the two besties, enjoying a silly movie I had rented from Redbox.  I am amazed at what these kids will watch, however, it has been a favorite of Jackson's all weekend.  
These boys had a great time dancing, running, and playing.  I love to watch Jack interact with other kids, it is so funny to listen in on their conversations and see where their imaginations take them.  
And the big ball is always a favorite! A couple kids got hurt thanks to the big bouncing beast, but they just got right back up and continued laughing and playing. Thanks to our friends, I didn't take any pics of Becca and me but we had fun talking and crafting. I am so glad they could come and help make our weekend a good one. 

2 comments:

Tara H said...

Oy, what's Charlie allergic to? Milk and . . . .

Brandon and Rebecca Fuller said...

That was so much fun! We miss you guys tons. Next time we'll have the party at my house. My kids are much messier than yours. Or we could leave the kiddos with our hubbies and have a girls night out?