Thursday, October 02, 2008

CHARLIE!!! 8LB 3OZ - 21 IN 10/01/08

Charles Robert French (Charlie) joined our family yesterday, October 1, 2008.  He's 8lb 3oz and 21 inches long.  Ericka did an amazing job!  We got to the hospital at 6am and Charlie didn't actually arrive until 8:25pm.  It was a long day to say the least.  Ericka was really exhausted but the actual delivery only took her about 20 minutes.  It was such an awesome experience to see this little guy come into the world.  The nurses, doctors, and everyone else who helped were outstanding.
For some reason he didn't want to pose for the camera 3 minutes after birth...I hope he won't be a difficult kid.
Starting to warm up to the camera here.  He's got beautiful skin and pretty blue eyes.

We already love our little Charlie more than life itself!!!  Jackson can't wait to see him and give him kisses.  We can't wait until all of our friends and family get to meet him too!  ***A special thanks goes out to Nana (Shaunna) for taking care of us this week... especially for making Jackson feel comfortable while we were at the hospital... thanks a million Nana!!!*** 

17 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats! I'm so glad he is finally here for you guys. He is just adorable and Ericka you look so amazing! So precious! Congrats again!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! He's adorable!! You guys look great-- have fun with your boys!

WendyandGabe said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Have fun with your new cutie. He looks like a healthy little guy.

Leah said...

Erica, you look so good and most importantly congratulations on the new addition, he is adorable.

Lindsey said...

Oh, I love the pictures. He is so cute. I love him already! Congratulations you guys. Can't wait to hear about his first meeting with big brother!

The Greenwoods said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations Matt and Ericka! What a fun and exciting time for you guys! He is absolutely beautiful!!! I am so happy to hear that everything went great and that baby Charlie and mom are doing well!

Amy Michelle said...

I am so glad he is here. I am happy to hear things went well. You look great Ericka! He is adorable. ENJOY!

Suzanne said...

Congrats!!! He is so cute! I'm glad everything is going well. Aria will be happy to see pics. Everyday she asks me if you had your baby yet.

Taunya said...

Hooray! Congratulations on the arrival of Charlie. He is adorable! We can't wait to meet him someday.

Melt Momma's Heart said...

He is so beautiful! Congrats! Ericka, you look so much like your momma in that first pic!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Charlie! I can't wait to meet him! Great job guys!

Autumn said...

Congratulations and Hooray! I know you must be enjoying every minute of him. The pictures are so sweet. He is perfect.

Liz said...

Congratulations! you both look really great. He looks like he is a little chubby already - baby fat is cute. Liz

Rachel said...

Hmmm... In my mind I had commented on this yesterday, which must mean I am losing my mind...

Congratulations! What a beautiful boy! Think how fun it would be if we were still neighbors and could give each other emotional support with our newborns while our older kids entertained each other... That would be great.

I'm glad you're doing well! I hope your recovery is swift and smooth. We can't wait to see more pictures!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Wow, I love the name and he is so cute - he looks just perfect!! Seriously, he has flawless skin! And I must say, Mom is not looking too bad, either - definitely not looking like she just had a baby! Well, congratulations, you two - you have a beautiful baby, Jackson is now a big brother, and now the fun really begins... :)

Jessica said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. How fun to have two little boys.

The Tolboe family said...

He is adorable. Good job, Ericka. I hope you adjust to two kids. It is easier than you think! Good luck.