skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Big Brother to the Rescue!
This morning I enlisted the help of "Big Brother". Since Charlie has come to stay, we have noticed how much Jackson LOVES to help out with different things when it comes to his baby brother. So, in order to encourage his helping attitude we have come up with a name and a song that we sing when we need his help. Like for instance, when I am on the couch nursing Charlie and I need my water refilled, I say "BIG BROTHER TO THE RESCUE" and he comes running in eager to see what needs doing. And his FAVORITE thing to help with is refilling my water from the water dispenser! Anyway, while he is doing his job we sing a song that goes like this, "Big brother to the rescue, big brother to the rescue (uh-huh) big brother to the rescue, big brother to the rescue (uh-huh)! (I know, real creative!) So whether it be fetching diapers, burp rags, or refilling my water he is always my big helper! (Won't I be sad when the day comes that he realizes that it is actual work that he is doing and refuses to help me out...I am sure that day will come soon!)
So I asked Big Brother to the Rescue to help me make some cupcakes for our ward/neighborhood Halloween party tonight....he can never turn down an opportunity to make cookies or cupcakes!
He did a great job helping and snuck in a few licks here and there.....
And finally he got to be my taste tester! I think I got the nod of approval!
7 comments:
I like your song. . .whatever works! It has to be nice to have a big helper. . .Addie actually wiped Kenzie on the big girl potty today - kind of gross, but much appreciated. Ah, the joys of being the oldest.
Well, reading stuff like this makes me kind of wish that I'd had my kids farther apart. Clara also loves to help, but she's not really that good at it and is easily distracted. Oh well.
Cute boy!
You should seriously consider a career in songwriting! I loved your song!!! And how cute is Jackson as your helper? I love it! You will probably regret the day that we meet up with you guys because there are no guarantees that I won't squeeze the life out of him!! He is seriously sooooo adorable!
What a great idea for making him feel important and included. Many of my friends have really struggled with jealousy once they get a second child, so you're pretty lucky with Jackson!
He is such a sweet little guy.
Ahhh, the old "big helper" trick - gotta love that one!
Yea, just enjoy those fun moments when they will help you. Gavin is a really great helper but he has distinguished work from play. He now knows that when I need help, it is work and he says no immediately. Those were the days when he didn't know what was work and what was play. ENJOY!
Post a Comment