Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Ward Easter Party

Our ward, along with two or three other wards, were responsible for putting on the annual neighborhood Easter party.  It was crazy, there were SO many people there.  But it was a lot of fun.  They had a cage of little bunnies for the kids to look at.  
They had a bunch of games for the kids to play.  Jackson tried and tried to make a basket, and didn't do it.
So, he got smart and took the ball up to the hoop and did a slam dunk.  Finally, after getting his candy for cheating, he threw the ball one last time and he made it!  
This game was very complicated.  You actually had to pick up an egg with a plastic spoon.  It took a lot of concentration and focus!  And he did it! It is funny to think back a year ago when we were in Syracuse, NY.  The Easter party there was held indoors because it was still about 20 degrees below zero! Well, not really, but it was freezing, and I remember Jackson all bundled up going after the eggs and he tripped and went face first into a pine cone! He had that battle wound for quite awhile!  But it was nice to be able to be outside this year for our Easter party! 

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a sweet ward party! We have no kids in our ward so they never do anything fun. :(

Lindsey said...

Sounds like you had fun. It is crazy that he could get an egg on a spoon. I don't even know if I could do that!

Jessica said...

I agree with Linds... that takes some talent, concentration and patience which I do not have.