Saturday, March 15, 2008

A trip back in time: The Renaissance Festival

Well, this morning Matt convinced me to go to the Renaissance Festival.  I wasn't too excited about going, but I am so glad we did.  It turned out to be such a fun day!  
Besides seeing WAY to many weird people dressed up in medieval clothing and talking in strange accents,  we got to see a jousting tournament, which Jackson loved. He thought the horses were very cool.  It was very entertaining.  
By this time in the day Jackson was so tired, but he did such a good job sitting through the tournament.  (Not to mention the fact that the sun was beating down on us! It was so stinkin' hot! I don't know how I am going to survive the summer!)  
A happy boy. 
This lady was our cheerleader.  Our Knight ended up winning!  It was pretty cool.  We didn't stay though for the "battle to the death".  We were surprised that Jackson wasn't screaming in this picture!  

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Looks like fun! That is so cute that Jackson is coming out of his shell...he looks like he had some important stuff to say. When we went to the medieval dinner in Florida Aria loved cheering for the knights. I was really surprised that she like it. She really got into it. It was so cute.

Amy Michelle said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. Jackson is a really good mix of you and Matt. I am excited to see what your next little one looks like.

Lindsey said...

What a fun day! The food sounds wonderful and makes me hungry. I can't believe your son is afraid of flies! He is so funny!

Rachel said...

When we lived in Provo we felt like we lived at the Renaissance Festival, because the people next door to us liked to wear cloaks and hang out on their back porch making chain mail and armor. I wonder if they were at the festival with you...