Saturday, November 14, 2009

My baby turned one....

....a long time ago! Charlie's first birthday was October 1, 2009! Matt's parents came out to help us celebrate.
Charlie got to sit in his Elmo chair when it came time to open presents. He loves this chair!

Look at his sweet little face!
He got a lot of new toys, books, and clothes.
He, like most one year olds, enjoyed playing with the boxes and the containers all the toys came in.
And then he found the bubble wrap, that was the best present of all.

A shot with big brother...and still lovin' the bubble wrap.

He did take a minute to explore his new Leapfrog table.

We had to get a shot of Grampa and Jackson in their matching shirts.

And as you can see Jackson and Grampa don't have any fun together!

Unfortunately for Char, his allergies got in the way of enjoying a nice yummy cake or cupcake. I attempted to make eggless, dairyless, cupcakes, but was not successful. He was happy with his dinner though.

We just love this little guy. He is always so happy and he has the best giggle. He is so fun to have around and we really can't get enough of him!

Jackson was a great big brother and helped Charlie open all his presents.
He thinks he is so funny! :)

7 comments:

WendyandGabe said...

What a sweet boy! Happy birthday to Charlie!

The Mairs family said...

I wish we could've been there! What a sweet boy! I will have to work on finding you some "sweet" solutions to your baking dilemma! Happy Birthday Char!

angie and tyler said...

he is starting to look like his own little person and less like Jack.

Jessica said...

Too cute! It makes me excited for Jacoby's in a few weeks! I guess I need to get him some bubble wrap!

Rachel said...

I love all of the big smiles and laughs. Such a cutie. And I was thinking the same thing--that he just looks like his own little self!

The Tolboe family said...

He is one cute kid. I remember looking at pictures when he was a baby. He has grown out of his baby face. They grow up too fast, don't they!

Lindsey said...

He is the cutest little thing around. So sad that he couldn't have his cupcakes. Luckily he probably didn't realize what he was missing out on. That gives you plenty of time to perfect a recipe. These darn food allergies!