skip to main |
skip to sidebar
"Mommy, I just planted a seed in my ear!"
So, you may be wondering what this is a picture of. Well, let me tell you the story. Jackson and I were sitting on the couch today eating a snack of popcorn and string cheese. I noticed Jackson picking out all the unpopped kernels and holding them in his hand. I didn't think much of it since I had just told him we don't eat those. After a minute I noticed him playing with his ear. He kept shoving his finger in there. Finally I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I have a seed in there." I said, "You had better not have a seed in there" and I went to look fully expecting NOT to see a popcorn kernel but low and behold, there it was pushed nicely and cozily into the back of his ear. Of course, being the calm person that I am I immediately start freaking out and call my mom. I asked her what I should do, I even asked her if I should put the vacuum up to his ear. She said to just take him to the Urgent Care. So, that's what I did. In the midst of me freaking out I kept asking him "why did you do this?" And his reply to me was "Mommy, I just planted a seed in my ear!"
You can tell from Jackson's pained expression how horrible this experience was for him. He skipped and jumped all the way into the Urgent Care and all the way back to the little room. It didn't phase him at all, I wish I could say the same for me! I had horrible thoughts going through my head about him having to live with a popcorn kernel in his ear for the rest of his life and how this would effect him, or about how they would have to take him in for surgery just to remove this little seed and my son would be in horrible pain for days.........BUT I am happy to say, it was much easier to remove than I thought!
He's just looking at me like, "It's gonna be okay mom!" (Lucky for me I had a good enough head on my shoulders to remember to grab my camera! )
The doctor came in, made some not so funny jokes and went to work. It took him all of about 3 seconds to remove the kernel from Jackson's ear. Jackson thought it was great that he got to hold the ear thing and help out!! I was just glad the seed came out easily and that he didn't have to go into emergency surgery! I truly hope this doesn't become a habit!!
10 comments:
Oh my gosh! I would have panicked too! I love that Jackson simply said that he planted a seed in his ear!!! So innocent! I am glad to hear that the doctor was able to retrieve it though! I appreciate the story--however, now I not only have to worry about the little guys choking on popcorn, now I have to worry about them sticking the kernels in their ear!!! Too funny! I am glad that everything turned out ok.
By the way--that picture of Jackson looks sooo much like Matt! (A dark-haired Matt--that is....)
How funny!!! I am still laughing!
That is hilarious!!I love it. Boys sure know how to have some fun...
Holy Cow! Why do kids do stuff like that? I have always wondered how they can look at something like a popcorn kernal and think "Hey, let's stick this in our ear. . .that would be awesome!" I am glad it wasn't too tramatic to get it out. He was very brave. I am guessing he got that from his dad!
So funny! What is it with kids wanting to stick things places. When I was about Jackson's age I told my mom that a rock had blown in through the window and some how found itself all the way up my nose.
My favorite part was visualizing you trying to suck it out with the vacuum. Too funny. I'm sure you're not the only mom to take a trip to urgent care to have something removed from somewhere on their kids. I just hope Clara doesn't do it---at least not now. This mom of two thing is wearing me out, and it's only been a couple of days. And I have lots of help!
I can't wait to see Charlie. 38 weeks--could be any day!
That's too funny! I wonder how they code the bill when they send it to the insurance. Do they have a foreign object in dark places box? Dominic swallowed a penny and I checked his poop for about a month and finally took him in for an xray and it had passed.
I can't wait to see Charlie!!
What a great story! Isn't it amazing what little kids will come up with.
Wow - talk about a freak out moment! I'm glad everything turned out okay. That is just the kind of thing that gives us premature wrinkles!!
How scary!!! I would have acted the same way as you. It is amazing how still he is sitting in that chair!
Post a Comment