Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Terrible Twos!
My little man has developed quite the attitude lately. He seems to think that he can fly off the handle whenever he wants and tell me where to stick it (in his two year old way of course)! Well, nap time is the time of day that I have come to dread most! He has started throwing these horrible tantrums every time I say it is time to go to sleep. He cries and screams and rolls around on the floor and kicks and it is awful. So, I usually give him a choice to sleep in his bed or on the couch (his room is like an oven in the afternoon cause it faces the sun so I prefer him to sleep on the couch or my room) anyway, yesterday he was having his usual tantrum, he was screaming on the couch and throwing is head back and crying and all of that fun stuff and I didn't have the energy to haul him into his room to let him have it out there (which is what usually happens) so I just ignored him and let him have his scream fest. Well, after about five minutes of me ignoring him he finally looked at me and screamed "GOOD NIGHT" then he grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch, laid himself down and was asleep in two seconds. It took everything I had to not burst out laughing which would have just prolonged his tantrum! The way he screamed good night was like he was telling me "fine I will take a nap, but I am not gonna like it!" And I just thought "you sure told me!!" I was just glad he finally fell asleep. Is this what I have to look forward to with two children??? The fun never ends!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
That is really funny!! Just wait until you have two of them doing the same thing.
TOO FUNNY! I love that age! I would like to tell you the tantrums get getter, but Aria still does them once in a while. She doesn't kick and scream, but the attitude and faces are crazy mean sometimes.
That was hysterical!!! Funny stuff! Just wait till you have two boys running around--you'll look back on the days with just Jackson and remember them as much simpler times!
Kudos to you for not laughing while he was still there. :)
He sure showed you! That kid cracks me up!
Good thing you had such great training with all the Syracuse tots. Despite Jackson going through a defiant stage I'm sure he still seems pretty angelic in comparison to some of those children. That was a cute story!
Two is no better. Just take a deep breath and promise yourself that you won't scream at Jackson for crawling over the baby or throwing pillows at him, or using him as a trampoline. I am just glad that Josh is still alive!
Claire is going through the exact same thing, except she can't verbally express herself as well. It usually takes her over 2 hours in her crib of "talking"/crying to settle down and sleep. Fun times! I keep wondering how this is going to work with 2 kids too...we're down to 3 weeks until due-date.
Yeah - that sounds familiar... Those tantrums are the moments when you're like "Okay, tell me again WHY I wanted to do this?!" But you've gotta love the comic relief that accompanies them!
Post a Comment